Thursday, July 30, 2009

ReDiscover {Kelly Tunstall & Ferris Plock}


The characters in the U2 music video/animation I posted earlier remind me of Kelly Tunstall's wide-eyed girls. I know the big-doe-eyed-girl thing is played over and over again, but there's something truly special about Kelly's girls. I love the way she portrays her characters... so fashionable and so much fun attention is paid to other elements of her paintings, I can't help but have a crush on many. I am lucky enough to have a new painting (in-process image above) from Kelly working its way from San Fran to my tiny home art collection... super yays!!

Kelly and her husband, the talented artist Ferris Plock, have a show, "Sea of Love", opening soon at 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco (Aug. 6 - 29th). I HIGHLY recommend dropping by and being passionately inspired by their lovely, fun and collaborative work.

Tangerine by Kelly Tunstall. 8"H, Mixed Media. Click for larger image. Kokeshi available through JANM Store.

Frost by Ferris Plock. 8"H, Mixed Media. Click for larger image. Kokeshi available through JANM Store.

****Speaking of Animation and Kelly and Ferris' uber talentedness, admire this video they recently made with Jim Dirschenberger:

The Seafarers - Sea of Love from Eighty Four Films on Vimeo.

No comments: