Monday, June 22, 2009
Mailer for Kokeshi exhibition at the Japanese American National Museum in collaboration with the Los Angeles Toy, Doll and Amusements Museum and myself. I hope you can make the show, I promise it's worth it! Beautiful, inspiring, educational and packed full of kokeshi goodness!
Opening day for KOKESHI: From Folk Art to Art Toy is Saturday July 11, it is a special “Target Free Day” that includes extra activities for kids, so bring the whole family to indulge in the fun! Museum admission will be free all day, 11am to 5pm. There is no public reception for the Kokeshi show.
Japanese American National Museum
369 East First Street
Los Angeles California 90012
Sneak peaks of Custom Kokeshi to follow, so keep ** Twinklings ** bookmarked. :)
Friday, June 19, 2009
2. What I create will be just for you, with love.
3. It’ll be done this year (2009).
4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber. It may be weird or beautiful. Or it may be monstrous and annoying. (unlikely!) Who knows? Not you, that’s for sure!
5. I reserve the right to do something strange. (or insanely cute even if you are a boy or a macho girl)
6. In return, all you need to do is post this text on your blog and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to your blog post.
7. Send your mailing address - after I contact you.
Welcome to everyone. I will however, make an effort to do something that you like based on what I see on your blog.
Come on, don't be shy. Even if you don't think you're the creative type, you might end up surprising yourself - and making 5 other people very happy too!
So there you go, be the first 5 to leave a comment and be a part of it! Please leave your email address as well so I can contact you :) "