Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mmmm, Paper.

I'm going to imagine this was all done with recycled paper so that my last 2 posts don't make me feel like a hypocrite.
This video was created with the help of artist Su Blackwell. Visit her site, marvel at her creations and watch how the video was created.

I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of paper. It's one of the most versatile materials and one that just about anyone has access to. From huge elephant sculptures larger than life to lace dresses and love letters, paper is absolutely incredible. Here's to paper, "Cheers".


"Primaries Blues". Cardstock paper, 12" x 12", © 2007 Jen Stark.
Jen Stark, Queen of paper cutting.

"Speak Flower". Hand-cut black paper, 30" x 27", © 2003 Kako Ueda.
Kako Ueda, mind blowing paper silhouttes.

Chinese Paper-cutting Art Exposition held in E. China.

This post was inspired by a recent article from Camilla Engman's blog, check out her work, she's a delight!

For more fun with paper check out Paper Forest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Christina! Thank you sooo much for posting the amazing video and the beautiful works in paper. I am also crazy about this material. I started experimenting with it last year and I realized that there is so much that you do with it. I am glad that I visited your blog today, it has been very inspiring. It made me want to make something new soon!
Have a great day!
Elsita :)