Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dilkabear Please Come Here

It all started with this mini watercolor... my love for Italian artist Dilkabear's work grows with each new piece she creates.

Painting two from Dilkabear, I knew I had to keep watch on her work after seeing the first piece in-person and that's when the above watercolor stared me down and won me over. Dilka was inspired by the movie "The Science of Sleep" which truly is a creative and captivating movie.

The most recent piece I have acquired is Dilkabear's "Amelie in the Magic Forest", an original acrylic painting on a 5" x 5" piece of wood. I feel almost guilty owning this piece because it's so precious. There are so many paintings she has recently created that should have been in a show of their own, sharing the same walls at the same time. With the talent this young woman has she deserves to be showing in the U.S. I definitely have my eye on her!
For more of her work, take a look at her Etsy shop and watch for her Kokeshi coming in July!

3 comments:

Luc said...

Beautiful illustrations :)

Diane Duda said...

all are lovely! you are lucky to have them.

myerscho said...

Really nice work!!!