Monday, February 23, 2009

2 Months Too Long and Another Year Older

What honestly sustains me in this life is art. The drawn, painted, photographed and created visual stimuli that keep me existing for another day. My friends of course mean just as much and without them there would be little reason to wake in the mornings. I write this not to frighten anyone but to admit why I merely exist.

It is through art that I see people, life, stories, love and passion. Things that life would be so plain without. Strangers' interpretations and desires become embedded in the work they create. And though it's impossible to meet everyone in the world to hear their unique stories, through art I can cover great distances and populations.

Art brings a smile to my heart. It's why I'm drawn to positive imagery the most. It's the smiles I get that feed my heart to produce smiles of its own.

I have surrounded myself with beautiful, fun, colorful, sweet and happy paintings and drawings. I have an addiction to collecting original works, I feel more connected to the artists and the pieces when I know their creator was right there, applying the brush strokes, surveying the piece as it developed and lovingly tidying it all up to be a completed piece. The art pieces I own have soul and I'm never truly alone in this apartment I call home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your perspective of what art means to you. I could feel the passion in your words. Life without the passion can be pretty empty. May your passion flow eternal!!
Thanks
d